Apr. 30th 2013: Build220.127.116.11 is now compatible with L5V1 firmwares.
Jan. 10th 2012: Build 18.104.22.168 now correctly uses the IP set by users. A new SRAM reset function is selected by default in the Upload tab. It can deactivated if needed.
Oct. 30th 2011: Build 22.214.171.124 adds a new “test connectivity” feature to make sure the computer can communicate with Gemini-II without problem. The GUI is now built around tabs to progress logically through the update steps.
Gemini-II Firmware Update is a small Windows application that I’ve been working. It automates the process of updating the firmware in a Gemini 2 controller.
I tried to make it as user-friendly as possible to minimize questions about “what needs to be done?”. The picture below shows the GUI of Build 2007 (it may change in future releases – if future releases are needed).
Here is a list of the major features:
- New! (build 126.96.36.199): Optional Config and PEC Back Up
- New! (build 188.8.131.52): Optional SRAM Reset
- New! (build 184.108.40.206): GUI reworked around tabs
- New! (build 220.127.116.11): a “test connectivity” feature has been added
- Download of the latest stable firmware from the Internet
- Extraction of the Firmware files on a local drive
- Optional Back-up of Modeling files that were saved in Gemini-II
- Optional Format for the SD card
- Upload of Firmware data to Gemini-II using FTP
- Activation of Cold Boot on start up
- Multiple Status and Alert windows for user interaction (disconnect, reconnect Hand Controller, Power Off, Power On, etc)
- Self-Extractor with Auto-Install features for easy installation (with auto-download of any .NET framework add-on prerequisite)
Tom Hilton hosts the latest Build on the Gemini-2.com website as well as helpful guidelines about how to use this program and other Gemini-II questions.